Interested in our Products?
Vacuum packing is a method of storing food which can extend its life by up to five times. The packaging creates an airless environment to prevent food from spoiling.
This is achieved by:
- Preventing the growth of microorganisms
- Removing atmospheric oxygen
- Limiting the growth of aerobic bacteria or fungi
- Preventing the evaporation of volatile components
We offer a comprehensive range of over 100 sizes of vacuum pouches, with features including:
- Various gauges / microns
- Tinted materials
- Tubular pouches
- Boilable ‘Sous Vide’ pouches
- High puncture resistance bone guard pouches
- Gold back
Uses and Applications
Long term storage of dry foods: Nuts, cereals, cured meats, cheese, smoked fish, coffee, crisps.
Short term storage of fresh foods: Vegetables, meats, liquids i.e. soups
Frozen foods: Vacuum pouches prevent freezer burn by shielding food from exposure to the cold, dry air. Freezer burn occurs when the surface of frozen food becomes dehydrated, leading to a leathery appearance and an impaired flavour.